Grand Lake State Park Manager Brian Miller provided the following updates regarding Grand Lake St. Marys, including an image of the algae notification signs posted around the lake (see larger photo below).
- 3 dredges are out and working. "Brutus" at Anderson's; "Pump a Little" at Sandy Beach and "Eagle" at Coldwater Creek. As soon as the new dredge operators get trained the program will begin operating 5 days a week again.
- Rough fish removal program is averaging 1,000 pounds a day. "Get the Carp Outta Here" tournament next weekend starting at 4:00 pm on May 18 and wrapping up at 4:00 pm on May 20.
- "Airy Gators" will be deployed next week. Late being deployed due to mechanical issues.
- Crappie fishing is EXCELLENT at this time.
- The new beach has been completed at Windy Point thanks to the Lake Improvement Association.
- The algae notification signs are being installed today at the public launch ramps and beaches. The same signs are going up on 14 lakes in Ohio.
- Water sampling will begin the week of May 21st at the public beaches.