A new "resort-style" development, complete with housing, business space, and a restaurant, is coming to the West Bank of Grand Lake St. Marys. Highlights from William Kincaid's article, published in The Daily Standard:
- A condominium/hotel-style resort is planned for West Bank Road on the site of Big Bamboo's Dockside Grill.
- The first phase of the The Boardwalk development is expected to be operational by summer, William and James Edmonds of Lakefront Maritime Developers of Mansfield told the newspaper.
- The Boardwalk will include four condominium-hotel buildings with a total of 150 units, two resort-style swimming pools, retail space for offices, general retail and restaurants and a conference area.
- According to the Edmonds, the condominium-hotels will be a profit-sharing venture. The 330- to 600-square-foot units – ranging from $100,000 to $200,000 each – will be operated as condominiums when the owners stay there. When the owners are away, the units will be rented like hotel rooms.
- "Dockside Grill will be a two-story bar and restaurant with room in the upstairs for events, including a pool and swim-up bar facing the west shore of Grand Lake," a project summary states.