Memorial Day 2013 Notes from the Watershed Project
From Watershed Coordinator Laura Walker
- As you take the shrink wrap off your boat, please consider recycling it. This plastic can be made into many different products, plus recycling keeps it out of the landfill. Recycling centers in Auglaize County will take the plastic. (The watershed project is on a committee to get agriculture and boat plastic recycling active in several counties.)
- While out on the water don’t forget your sun block, drinking water, designated driver, lifejackets and float plan! Boat safe!!!
- We have received several reports of excessive amounts of litter washing up on the shores. Please secure items in your boat AND don’t be a litterbug! There is no excuse for not picking up after yourself or littering.
- Your grass is growing like crazy! If you are still thinking about fertilizing, please get your soil tested first. This will let you know what kind of fertilizer you actually need for a healthy lawn.
- Take a minute and like Grand Again: Everyone has a part on face book. This page is all about what stakeholders, like you, can do to help the water quality of Grand Lake St. Marys.
- As always, if you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the watershed coordinator at the Mercer Soil and Water Conservation District Office.