The purpose of the Lake Improvement Association is to make improvements to the GLSM and its facilities and promote a clean and healthy lake for the general public’s use.
Goal: Work with the GLSM Park Service to make needed improvements to GLSM
- Develop and implement a plan for improved beaches.
- Develop and implement a plan for a “Splash Pad”.
- Promote aeration in private channels with potential funding option.
- Investigate Mycrosystin protocol to verify warning numbers are correct.
- Work with local park administration to develop projects for park facilities.
- Determine status of Alum Treatment for 2013.
Goal: Promote a clean and healthy lake and promote the use of the lake to the general public and various groups.
- Support LRC through financial assistance, web site presences, board member support, membership meetings and activities that help to restore the lake.
- Continued Education and Information through the web site.
- Collaborate with the GLSM Park Service, CVB, Chambers and other organizations to promote the use of the lake.
- Support local groups who sponsor activities on the lake (Gov. Cup, Lake Festival, etc.).
- Continue fund raisers that help promote the lake.
- Team with ODNR to sponsor Kids Fishing Derby.
Goal: Grow membership to ensure the completion of our stated mission.
- Recruit new members using the LIA savings card, one to one contact and send letters to renew existing members or recruit new members.
- Provide consistent membership list for all Board members use.
- Maintain membership applicants located in various businesses.
- Develop committee to investigate various recruitment approaches.