The purpose of the Lake Improvement Association is to make improvements to the GLSM and its facilities and promote a clean and healthy lake for the general public’s use.
2016 Action Plan
Goal: Work with the GLSM Park Service to make needed improvements to GLSM
– Pursue funding and installation of aeration at 2nd Beach
– Promote aeration in private channels with funding option.
– Work with local park administration to develop projects for park facilities.
– Update signs at inlets around the lake
Goal: Promote a clean and healthy lake and promote the use of the lake to the general public and various groups.
– Support LRC through financial assistance, web site presences, board member support, membership meetings and activities that help to restore the lake.
– Continued Education and Information through the web site.
– Collaborate with the GLSM Park Service, CVB, Chambers and other organizations to promote the use of the lake.
– Support local groups who sponsor activities on the lake (Lake Festival, etc.).
– Continue fund raisers that help promote the lake.
– Team with ODNR to sponsor Kids Fishing Derby.
Goal: Grow membership to ensure the completion of our stated mission.
Objectives: – Recruit new members using the LIA savings card, one to one contact and send letters to renew existing members or recruit new members.
– Maintain membership information at various businesses.