On Friday, June 28, 2013, twenty-five youth participated in Watershed WILD Conservation Camp at Ohio Progressive Sportsmen’s Club.
They did the following activities:
- Went fishing
- Learned basic canoe safety, including how to keep three points of contact and balance!
- The basics of water safety and rescue, including how to throw a rescue rope.
- Learned about raising pheasants and habitat.
- Got to handle pheasant eggs, babies and adults.
- Searched for and found macroinvertebrates and other creek animals.
- Participated in a Food Science experiment.
- Learned about and got to pet several very unique animals.
This day would not be possible without supplies, time and dedication from the following organizations:
- Mercer Soil and Water Conservation District staff
- Division of Watercraft
- Division of Wildlife
- Brukner Nature Center
- Mercer County Pheasants Forever Chapter #745
Please enjoy our pictures from camp!